Subtitle Edit is a free (open source) editor for video subtitles – a subtitle editor 🙂
With SE you can easily adjust a subtitle if it is out of sync with the video in several different ways.
You can also use SE for making new subtitles from scratch (do use the time-line/waveform/spectrogram) or translating subtitles.
For a list of features see below or check out the Subtitle Edit Help page.
On my blog you can download latest beta version and read about/discuss new features.
Also, you can watch a few videos about installing and using Subtitle Edit.
A Subtitle Edit dll (LibSe.dll) is available for programmers (BSD New/Simplified license). Compile it from source code or use the NuGet package.
Download latest version of Subtitle Edit
Note: SE requires Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.8
Get the full C# source code – GPL or LGPL license
Blu-ray sup reading code is under the Apache License and Matroska subtitle parsing uses zlib code with a BSD style license.
- Create/adjust/sync/translate subtitle lines
- Convert between SubRib, MicroDVD, Advanced Sub Station Alpha, Sub Station Alpha, D-Cinema, SAMI, youtube sbv, and many more (300+ different formats!)
- Cool audio visualizer control – can display wave form and/or spectrogram
- Video player uses mpv
- a>, DirectShow, or VLC media player
- Visually sync/adjust a subtitle (start/end position and speed)
- Audio to text (speech recognition) via Vosk/Kaldi
- Auto Translation via Google translate
- Rip subtitles from a (decrypted) dvd
- Import and OCR VobSub sub/idx binary subtitles
- Import and OCR Blu-ray .sup files – bd sup reading is based on Java code from BDSup2Sub by 0xdeadbeef)
- Can open subtitles embedded inside Matroska files
- Can open subtitles (text, closed captions, VobSub) embedded inside mp4/mv4 files
- Can open/OCR XSub subtitles embedded inside divx/avi files
- Can open/OCR DVB and teletext subtitles embedded inside .ts/.m2ts (Transport Stream) files
- Can open/OCR Blu-ray subtitles embedded inside .m2ts (Transport Stream) files
- Can read and write both UTF-8 and other unicode files and ANSI (support for all languages/encodings on the pc!)
- Sync: Show texts earlier/later + point synchronization + synchronization via other subtitle
- Merge/split subtitles
- Adjust display time
- Fix common errors wizard
- Spell checking via Open Office dictionaries/NHunspell (many dictionaries available)
- Remove text for hear impaired (HI)
- Swedish to Danish translation built-in (via Multi Translator Online)
- Effects: Typewriter and karaoke
- History/undo manager (Undo=Ctrl+z, Redo=Ctrl+y)
- Compare subtitles
- Multiple search and replace
- Change casing using names dictionary
- Merge short lines/split long lines
- Export to PNG images (+bdn xml), Adobe Encore FAB image script, VobSub, Blu-ray sup, EBU stl, PAC, and plain text
Subtitle Edit can read, write, and convert between more than 300 subtitle formats, like:
- SubRip (*.srt)
- ABC iView
- Adobe Encore
- Advanced Sub Station Alpha
- CapMaker Plus (*.cap, binary)
- Cavena890 (*.890, binary)
- Cheetah Caption (*.cap, binary)
- D-Cinema (Cinecanvas, both interop and smpte)
- Dvd Studio Pro
- Dvd Subtitle
- EBU Subtitling data exchange format (*.stl, binary)
- F4 (several variations)
- Flash xml
- PAC (*.pac, binary)
- Pinnacle Impression
- QuickTime Text
- RealTime Text
- Sony DVD Architect
- Sub Station Alpha
- SubViewer 1.0
- SubViewer 2.0
- Sami (*.smi)
- Son (*.son, import only)
- Subtitle Editor Project
- Timed Text 1.0 (*.xml), also know as TTML or DFXP
- Timed Text Draft (*.xml)
- Ulead Subtitle Format
- Ultech (*.cap, binary, only read)
- YouTube Annotations
- YouTube Sbv
- Zero G
- VobSub (*.sub/*.idx, binary – can also be read from Matroska/mp4 files)
- DVD Vob (*.vob, binary, read only)
- Blu-ray sup (*.sup, binary, can also be read from Matroska files)
- Bdn xml (*.xml + png images, read+write)
- Transport Stream subtitles (*.ts)
- + several formats of unknown name
Subtitle Edit can also convert subtitles via command line or the batch-convert-ui
- published date : 2022
- version : 3.6
- password: soft360
After downloading the patch or keygen, if your antivirus detects any viruses,
please disable your antivirus during the process of registration.
Patches and keygens are not viruses or Trojans. Because a patch or keygen circumvents the original registration of software,
antivirus software detects it as a trojan or virus.
Therefore, use patches or keygens posted on our website without any worries.
All our contents are trustworthy, as they all come from trusted sources.
* File password *: soft360